18 November 2007

Go Socceroos

G’day punters. Sorry about the lack of blogging in a while. Since Rome there hadn't been much going on until this weekend.


On Saturday I spent 4 hours helping the ALP hand out ‘how to vote’ cards at the Australian High Commission. Over here we have a 2 week window in which to vote in the Federal election and this Saturday was the only Saturday that the High Commission was open and as such it was probably the busiest voting day. There are around 400,000 Aussies over here and around 20,000 of them vote so it almost felt like being at home on a really, really cold day. As usual it was good to wind up the other parties. Especially Family First.


After that Penny and I decided to head down to Cravern Cottage, Fulham for the Socceroos vs. Nigeria game. I’ve got to say this has been one of the highlights of time in London so far.


After a first half of no scoring, Australia’s David Carney smashed one in to the back of the net to set the 11,000 strong Aussie crowd into something I’ve only seen at an AFL finals match. Awesome.



Nigeria being the best team from Africa saw Australia side a team full of stars. To my surprise Harry Kewell, Mark Schwarzer, Lucas Neill, Brett Emerton and Tim Cahill fronted up on the day.


Anyway just a quick one this time. I’ll report back soon. Enjoy the weather over there for me. I certainly can’t over here.

No comments: